Dinorwic in 1967 and 1968, photos kindly supplied by Jonathan Marsh
Jonathan Marsh , pictured here on Holy War, visited Dinorwic in 1967 and 1968 with his friend Jack Patience, the photos below are a record of what they found.
Holy War at work in 1967
(or alternatively resting between work!)
The quarry workshops in 1968
Rough Pup, withdrawn in 1960 and now on display in the Tywyn Narrow Gauge Museum.
Velinheli is an 0-4-0ST 'Quarry Hunslet' built by the Hunslet Engineering Company as No. 409 in 1886. She was the first of numerous "Alice" class Quarry Hunslets built. She was last used in 1962. Velinheli is now at the Launceston Steam Railway.
Maid Marian, built in 1903 and now preserved on the Bala Lake Railway.
No1 was built by Hunslet in 1922, no. 1429. Behind is 'Sybil', built by Bagnall of Stafford in 1906, no. 1760. 'Sybil' was originally purchased by James Evans in Cornwall and is now being restored by the Sybil Locomotive Trust at the West Lancashire Light Railway at Hesketh Bank.
Dereliction in the workshops yard. This is now the site of the Welsh Slate Museum.
Next page: Penrhyn in June 1967
Return to Working Tramways index