The Slate Industry of North and Mid Wales

Penrhyn Quarry, June 1967 - page 2


No. 23 was built by Ruston Hornsby in 1944, purchased by the quarry in 1951 and sold for parts in 1967.


No. 13 was built by Ruston Hornsby in 1941, purchased in 1949 and scrapped in 1967.


No. 2 was built by Ruston Hornsby in 1940, purchased 1946 and scrapped in 1967.


No. 21, built 1944 by Ruston Hornsby, purchased 1951, scrapped 1967.


No. 24 is another Ruston Hornsby product, bought new in 1955, now privately preserved.


Two views of track lifting on Red Lion level.


Next page:  Llechwedd in 1967

Return to Working Tramways index